Hi John,

I just gave a summary of why we don't carry over comments in another thread
just a few minutes ago. Hopefully that explains why things are the way they
are.

What I personally do is use the interdiff functionality to see what was
changed in that diff, and make sure that it matches what I expected based on
the comments I made during review.