Thank you Christian for such timely help!!!

As you advised, I first checked the django-evolution version
it's django_evolution-0.5-py2.5.egg Is it new enough?
I will now also try to copy the database with the DB closed to see if it
works.
If it works, I will try to import the data from sqlite into mysql.

Thanks!
Yanchao WANG