Mr. Christian you are right....... i was trying to post a new bug/
defect/change_request.

So how does linking help?

One more problem is when i give "http://xx.xx.x.xxx:xxx/projects/
test_project/issues/%s" in the bug url and click on SAVE it doesnt
take the same link instead it changes to either "http://
xx.xx.x.xxx:xxx/projects/test_project/%s/issues/%s" or "http://
xx.xx.x.xxx:xxx/projects/test_project"

Why is this problem occuring i cud not figure out.