Hi Christian, I just checked with the user account used to create the review requests, and it seems to contain the proper diff, now fixing my hook script to add --publish as you mentioned.
For the submit-as I'll check what we are needing in our organization, I guess I'd like to complete the review request description with revision information (revision number, svn author, comment) , which would be enough in my case, I assume I can do that with the additional arguments passed to post-review and some shell scripting. Thanks for prompt support! On Oct 15, 12:19 pm, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I can't really help with the Windows-specific Subversion configuration, so > hopefully someone else can, but I can help with the first issue. > > When a review request is being created, it starts out as a draft. Drafts are > only viewable by the owner of the review request. Everyone else will see a > 404, as you saw. What you need to do is publish it. This can either be done > manually by a user, or probably in your case, you'll want to pass --publish. > > Also, assuming you're trying to post a review request on behalf of another > user, you'll want to use the --submit-as parameter and the username of the > user to submit as. The review request will appear to be owned by that user, > rather than the user your script is logging in as. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com > > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Gauthier Segay > <[email protected]>wrote: > > > > > > > > > Hi, I'm looking for help diagnosing issue I have with empty review > > entries being created. > > > here is the laydown of my setup: > > > * svn server is running on a windows box with SYSTEM account > > * I intend using svn 'post commit' hook to create new review request > > for each commit, using post-review script and python 2.7 > > * reviewboard 1.0.9 is running on a gentoo box > > > here is the content of post-commit.bat (svn hook): > > ====================== > > cd to location containing .post-review-cookies.txt > > set /a revisiontopost=%2 -1 > > c:\python27\scripts\post-review --serverhttp://reviewboard.lcgentoo.local > > --revision-range %revisiontopost% --repository-url svn://192.168.1.7 -- > > debug --username xxx --password yyy >> path\to\some\post-review.log > > ====================== > > > here is what I get in the output log: > > ====================== > > >>> svn info svn://192.168.1.7 > > >>> diff --version > > >>> repository info: Path: svn://192.168.1.7, Base path: /, Supports > > changesets: False > > >>> svn diff --diff-cmd=diff svn://192.168.1.7/@5324 svn:// > > 192.168.1.7/@HEAD > > >>> Looking for 'reviewboard.lcgentoo.local /' cookie in > > .post-review-cookies.txt > > >>> Loaded valid cookie -- no login required > > >>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/ > > >>> svn info svn://192.168.1.7 > > >>> diff --version > > >>> repository info: Path: svn://192.168.1.7, Base path: /, Supports > > changesets: False > > >>> svn diff --diff-cmd=diff svn://192.168.1.7/@5325 svn:// > > 192.168.1.7/@HEAD > > >>> Looking for 'reviewboard.lcgentoo.local /' cookie in > > .post-review-cookies.txt > > >>> Loaded valid cookie -- no login required > > >>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/ > > >>> HTTP GETting /api/json/repositories/1/info/ > > >>> repository info: Path: svn://192.168.1.7, Base path: /, Supports > > changesets: False > > >>> Attempting to create review request on svn://192.168.1.7 for None > > >>> HTTP POSTing to > >http://reviewboard.lcgentoo.local/api/json/reviewrequests/new/: > > {'repository_path': 'svn://192.168.1.7'} > > >>> Review request created > > >>> Uploading diff, size: 556 > > >>> HTTP POSTing to > >http://reviewboard.lcgentoo.local/api/json/reviewrequests/10/diff/new/: > > {'basedir': '/'} > > Review request #10 posted. > > >http://reviewboard.lcgentoo.local/r/10 > > ====================== > > > then when I go tohttp://reviewboard.lcgentoo.local/r/10and click on > > 'View Diff' button, a page displays > > > """ > > The page you were looking for does not exist. > > > If you're pretty sure this page does exist, try logging in and trying > > again. > > """ > > > from the output log (>>> Uploading diff, size: 556), I would think > > it's going ok and don't know what to look for. > > > Anyone can help with that? > > > I'd also like to describe the issues I've run into that I think should > > be mentionned in the documentation even if that doesn't necessarily > > involve reviewboard, but svn: > > > 1: how to get SYSTEM account to access svn while not being able to > > pass svn credentials to post-review script? > > > for this issuing a svn info with credentials just before running post- > > review was sufficient, I know it's mostly a svn issue but stating > > these elements in post-review documentation would probably help lost > > sheep: > > * that CVS specific credentials are not passed to post-review for some > > particular reason > > * for svn, issuing a 'svn info' command with credentials is generally > > persisting those credentials > > * add more help for other CVS > > > 2: >>> Couldn't load cookie file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: > > '.post-review-cookies.txt' > > > I've found a post on this group relating this issue, I think it should > > be mentioned that for windows user, they would have to workaround by > > issuing a cd command to the folder containing this file. > > > This file was created when I tried post-review by hand, but on windows > > I can't login to a shell with SYSTEM (or NETWORK SERVICE) user account > > (or still need to learn how to do so) making solving this not straight > > forward. > > > In anycase thanks for great code review tool, I hope we'll use it soon > > as our default code review tool, and that I would be able to easily > > upgrade the installed version on our server. > > > Thanks for your support > > > -- > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > [email protected]<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegr > > oups.com> > > For more options, visit this group at > >http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
