Well I finally got it working.  After narrowing down the problem to
pysvn I checked out the pysvn shared library with ldd and noticed that
it was linked against two different versions of libneon.  I removed
the conflicting version of the libneon library, recompiled pysvn, and
now everything is working!

-James