On 02/09/2011 04:47 PM, Gilles Moris wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2011 09:49:31 pm Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> I've built ReviewBoard 1.5.3 for Fedora and EPEL:
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ReviewBoard-1.5.3-1.fc14
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ReviewBoard-1.5.3-1.el5
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ReviewBoard-1.5.3-1.el6
> Your patch release goes from 21 for ReviewBoard-1.5.2-21.el5 to 1 for 1.5.3.
> Is this normal ?
It doesn't make a difference. As long as the version number is higher,
the release number can be lower.

It's more common to reset the release number for each new tarball
release, that way it's clear how many patch releases we've done atop a
particular tarball.

I had been using an older convention where we always bumped the release
number, but that's no longer the recommended approach.