I think I found it in the bug tracking history .

Issue 381 <http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=381>:Some
comment flags not visible in diff view

There is a workaround mentioned there (press the "expand") that works, so
I'm pretty sure it's the same bug. It's marked fixed, so I guess I need to
upgrade...

Thanks,
John