#2 would be great; I know a lot of people have requested the ability to have
some indication that the patch submitted will (a) apply cleanly and (b)
build (maybe even including automated testing).

#1 is often requested, but it's something which we've been wary of because
of the complexities of user authentication, audit chains, and the abilities
it would introduce to break things. It would be a cool feature, but I think
we'd need to approach it carefully.

-David