Is there documentation on how to set this up with post-commit or pre-
commit hooks where a user can't push changes into the repository
unless the changeset has been reviewed and approved?

I'm using git as our repo and so far I've gotten as far as being able
to use post-review to submit a review request.  Not I need to figure
out a way to lock users from pushing to the central repo until their
changeset has been reviewed and approved.  Is there a workflow for
this scenario?

James