sorry for ressurrecting this topic, but i wanted to establish a workflow
where certain changes need to be reviewed before they can be applied to the
central repository.

We use mercurial as a VCS and we use the branching model described at (sometimes referred
to as git-flow)
in our workflow we wanted to make sure that changes to the production
branch (which in that model is a release by definition) could only be made
after a successful review.
therefor we disallowed pushs to the 'default' branch via hooks (and a
little bit more hook based enforcing of the model using these hooks

if code has to go into the main repository and into the production branch a
user has to create a review request and has to attach the changesets as a
a cron job on the server side now checks for accepted an submitted review
requests and applies the changes in a manner comparable to a hg pull.
this is done with a fork of the mercurial-reviewboard-extension (can be
found at which hopefully
proves to be useful enough for otthers to be pulled.

the fork adds a new flag -a to the hg postreview command which attaches the
changes as a hg-bundle and it adds a new command pullreviewed which
downloads bundles for a given repo (if review requests are marked as ship
it) and can automaticaly unbundle them and mark the review request as

This makes the workflow possible that changes have to be "pushed" through

Happy user? Let us know at