On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Can Özmen <canoz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was able to install 1.6.6 with the -U option. Both the .egg and rb-site
> script seems to be updated correctly.
>
> I then had to install libreadline5 via apt-get to get rb-site working.
>
> But rb-site still fails with:
>   pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: ReviewBoard==1.6.6
>
> Is there way to see where setuptools is looking for packages/distributions?
> Should I delete the 1.6.5 .egg?

Why did you need to install libreadline5? And when do you get that
error? What are you executing? This is what I execute and works for
me:

sudo easy_install --prefix apps/reviewboard --script-dir
apps/reviewboard/bin --install-dir apps/reviewboard/lib -U ReviewBoard

Then if you execute the rb-site comand you will get the error below
(sorry I previously missed this step)

bitnami@xxx:~$ /opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/bin/rb-site upgrade
/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/rb-sites/reviewboard
/opt/bitnami/python/bin/.python.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or director

This is because rb-site is not loading the bitnami environment. If you
open the rb-site script you will see that it is pointing to
.python.bin.

You can:

Option A.-
Edit rb-site and change .python.bin with python.
bitnami@xxx:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/bin/rb-site upgrade
/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/rb-sites/reviewboard
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.
Creating tables ...
Upgrading Review Board from 1.6.5 to 1.6.6
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
No fixtures found.
No evolution required.
Resetting in-database caches.
Upgrade complete.

Option B.- Login as root and load the bitnami environment

bitnami@xxx:~$ sudo su
root@xxx:/home/bitnami# . /opt/bitnami/scripts/setenv.sh  <-- notice
the space between the dot and the script path.
root@domU-12-31-39-0A-25-90:/home/bitnami#