We're seeing review groups (manually re-created daily) sporadically being
dropped from review requests.  I've tested that removing the group and
recreating it does not cause the group to be removed from the review
request, and it appears that only some review requests are affected...
e.g., in a 24 hours window the same review group will be removed from one
review request, but not another.

Can someone suggest how I can go about troubleshooting this issue?

RB v1.5.5