It should definitely be cleaned up to allow Back/Forward. Christian
On Sep 1, 2012, at 21:43, Chris Toomey <[email protected]> wrote: > For now I've just disabled the gotoAnchor() JS function in diffviewer.js by > having it return false, which makes the browser fallback to going to the href > == the anchor link. > > I'm not sure what functionality the JS is providing but to me it's certainly > not worth losing the ability to use the back button to reach the table of > contents of the diff. > > I'm curious to hear what it was that was "broken" in 1.7 that fixed this > behavior, and whether you'd agree it's actually an improvement and should be > cleaned up and persisted. > > thx, > Chris > > On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> > wrote: > Hi Chris, > > I don't know that we intentionally fixed it, so I can't say what it was > off-hand. I do see the same behavior, though. I'll play around and see if > anything stands out. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org > VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com > > > > On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Chris Toomey <[email protected]> > wrote: > When I click on an anchor link (to a diff file) in the diff viewer in our RB > installation, it doesn't add that link to the browser history so that I can > use the back button to get back to the index of diff files. This has been a > minor annoyance for me for a long time. > > Today I tried out the demo of the latest version of RB (1.7 beta 1) at > http://demo.reviewboard.org and was happy to see this was "fixed". Since we > were running 1.6.3, I upgraded to 1.6.11 in the hopes of getting this fix, > but no luck. > > I did a quick view source and saw it's still using the gotoanchor() JS > function in both versions, and I'm not skilled enough in JS to > reverse-engineer what the change was that fixed this. Can somebody point me > to the changeset and file in which this was fixed so I can patch our 1.6.11 > until we move to 1.7? > > thx, > Chris > > -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected] > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > > -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected] > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > > -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected] > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
