I upgraded from 1.6.9 to 1.7.1 and now new diffs cannot be generated and
communication in general to the subversion server seems to fail using

While poking at this it began to look like the issue may be around the
hostname being configured rather than the fqdn for the server. However,
when I try to either modify the existing repository or add a new one after
I click change it brings up the menu to accept or deny the new ssh key
however neither button is clickable.

I am able to svn co as the webserver account so it's not an ssh key problem.

Any thoughts?