I upgraded from 1.6.9 to 1.7.1 and now new diffs cannot be generated and
communication in general to the subversion server seems to fail using
svn+ssh.

While poking at this it began to look like the issue may be around the
hostname being configured rather than the fqdn for the server. However,
when I try to either modify the existing repository or add a new one after
I click change it brings up the menu to accept or deny the new ssh key
however neither button is clickable.

I am able to svn co as the webserver account so it's not an ssh key problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave