On Apr 24, 2013, at 10:55, I wrote:

> We are running ReviewBoard 1.6.6 installed via easy-install on an old CentOS
> 5.9 server with apache-modpython, and I would like to migrate this to a new
> server running CentOS 6.4 and apache-wsgi and the latest ReviewBoard version
> installed via yum from epel-testing repo.

Am I asking for something unusual here?  Has anyone migrated a RB instance from
one server to another while upgrading RB at the same time?  I don't quite
understand how all the moving parts fit together, and want to ensure a smooth
transition.

> Are the steps to do this documented anywhere?  Will the following steps work
> (we are using MySQL)?
>
>  0. Ensure nobody is using the old server during the migration
>  1. Dump old database
>  2. Tar up site directory from old server (contains .ssh and .subversion
> directories with needed config data)
>  3. Install ReviewBoard via yum
>  4. Create reviewboard database and user
>  5. Create new site with rb-site install (need to get new apache config file)
>  6. Update apache configuration file with conf file generated in previous step
>  7. Delete reviewboard database and load database from old server (after
> re-creating database and user)
>  8. Delete new site and replace with tar file from old server (possible
> preserving apache conf file)
>  9. Run rb-site upgrade
>
> Did I miss something or am I adding any unnecessary steps?
>
> Also, how do I install and configure memcached on additional CentOS 6.4
> servers?  What is the recommended amount of memory to allocate to memcached
> for ReviewBoard?

I'm also interested in installing additional memcached servers, which I haven't
done before (only automatically as part of the RB installation).

Thanks,
ALfred