On May 14, 2013, at 0:04, Leho Kraav <lkoogliz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 19, 2013 3:24:41 PM UTC+3, James Rice wrote:
>>
>> Ok, maybe I am totally missing something, but bear with me.  Went through
>> the docs a couple of times, and searched through this group for the answer.
>>
>> I am only evaluating review board for my organization right now.   We do not
>> use a git server or gitweb or the like.  We simply have a cm controlled git
>> repository, and a local developer git repository cloned from CM  The
>> developer creates branches based on a change, and currently we use meld
>> combined with a perl script for code review like "git meld
>> master...<dev_branch>".  Perhaps this is a barbaric way to use git, we just
>> transitioned recently, this is simple, and it works.
>>
>> So, is there a way to use Review board in this manner, with only a local
>> repo?  From the docs, from what I can see, if I do not have any hosting
>> service, the only requirement to add a Git repository is a Name, Repository
>> type, and Path, which should be the path containing the .git directory.   If
>> I do this, it states "Unable to retrieve information for local Git
>> repository".  I have made sure the repo, including the .git objects are
>> world readable.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> I think I'm looking for an answer to the same thing. We keep all Git
> repos/branches on the server and use remote application UI for making commits
> directly on the server. So I would need RB to show all repos and branches on
> the local drive.
>
> Before I spend some hours trying to debug something that was never supposed
> to work, I'd like to ask here can RB do this?

Review Board doesn't provide such a UI today. We can't provide a consistent
experience around repository browsing.

Most users just use the command line to put code up for review. We ship a
package called RBTools, which has a handful of useful command line tools for
creating, updating and querying review requests.

RBTools has a Python API for interacting with Review Board, so if needed, you
could add integration into some existing UI.