Thank you. I wasn't aware but Eclipse does allow you to specify a current
working directory. And that worked.

I was also confused about running the env together with Eclipse, but they
can all work together quite well. For others with similar interest: Simply
go into project properties in Eclipse. Add your virtualenv to Pydev
interpreters list and select that one as the default interpreter. In my
case selecting all libraries available simply worked with RBTools
development.