Hi Bruce,

There's only two change to Mercurial since 1.7.6.

One has to do with fixes to the Mercurial version checking. That fix,
though, has to do with handling the different ways of checking the
Mercurial version and working around a breakage we had in some setups, and
I wouldn't expect it to have an impact on file existence checking in any
way.

The other validates the repository during repo creation, and catches errors
accessing the repository during file fetching. It would show you a
different error than what you're getting, though.

Can you repeat the problem and look in reviewboard.log to see if there's
any interesting error messages?

One other thing, just to try it. Can you clear your memcached and try again?