Can you show me what else is in the log file? I've seen this particular
error as a side-effect of another crash. There should be a traceback right
before this one.

The SelectBox can be unresponsive for very large installations. I want to
get rid of that and find a better solution beyond what Django ships...
Roughly how many repositories and users do you have?