My guess is that it has to do with what revision you're generating the
diffs from.

rbt post will, by default, generate from master..HEAD, with an upstream
branch of origin/master. It is expected that master represents a commit
that is available upstream and accessible by Review Board. If that is not
the case, or if you're working on a branch based on another remote branch,
you'll want to provide --parent and/or --tracking-branch parameters.

You'll use --tracking-branch if you're working off a branch based on, say,
origin/my-feature. In that case, --tracking-branch=origin/my-feature.