On 10/16/2013 07:34 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 10/16/2013 03:42 AM, Anant Sharma wrote:
>> Hi,
>> After installing all the dependencies and ReviewBoard using yum, now I
>> am not able to proceed, getting below error
>> # rb-site install /var/www/reviews.gps.com
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/rb-site", line 5, in <module>
>>     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2659,
>> in <module>
>>     parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 546, in
>> resolve
>>     raise DistributionNotFound(req)
>> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pytz>=2012h
>> Any help would be highly appreciated.
> Hmm, that strict version is supposed to be patched out of the
> ReviewBoard sources in the EPEL 6 build (because on RHEL, they generally
> don't update the major versions of things, they just backport the urgent
> fixes).
> Christian, can you confirm whether this version requirement is *strict*
> or if ReviewBoard is capable of running safely with pytz-2010h? I seem
> to recall that there was a bug around timezone support at some point,
> but I don't recall the specifics.

Ok, I just looked up the original patch that introduced this. The
description was:

"Older versions of pytz don't include "US/Pacific", which means our
default breaks. Require at least 2012h."

However, the version of pytz that we carry in Fedora and RHEL is patched
to not contain an internal representation of the timezones and to
instead read them from /usr/share/zoneinfo (provided by the standard
tzdata package, which is always kept up to date). So on RHEL and Fedora
it should be fine to patch setup.py to not have this strict version

Additionally, I'm going to submit a patch to Review Board to make the
default timezone UTC rather than US/Pacific, since this should eliminate
the need for this strict versioning in the first place.