On 10/16/2013 07:49 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 10/16/2013 07:34 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> On 10/16/2013 03:42 AM, Anant Sharma wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> After installing all the dependencies and ReviewBoard using yum, now I
>>> am not able to proceed, getting below error
>>> # rb-site install /var/www/reviews.gps.com
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/rb-site", line 5, in <module>
>>>     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2659,
>>> in <module>
>>>     parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 546, in
>>> resolve
>>>     raise DistributionNotFound(req)
>>> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pytz>=2012h
>>> Any help would be highly appreciated.
>> Hmm, that strict version is supposed to be patched out of the
>> ReviewBoard sources in the EPEL 6 build (because on RHEL, they generally
>> don't update the major versions of things, they just backport the urgent
>> fixes).
>> Christian, can you confirm whether this version requirement is *strict*
>> or if ReviewBoard is capable of running safely with pytz-2010h? I seem
>> to recall that there was a bug around timezone support at some point,
>> but I don't recall the specifics.
> Ok, I just looked up the original patch that introduced this. The
> description was:
> "Older versions of pytz don't include "US/Pacific", which means our
> default breaks. Require at least 2012h."
> However, the version of pytz that we carry in Fedora and RHEL is patched
> to not contain an internal representation of the timezones and to
> instead read them from /usr/share/zoneinfo (provided by the standard
> tzdata package, which is always kept up to date). So on RHEL and Fedora
> it should be fine to patch setup.py to not have this strict version
> requirement.
> Additionally, I'm going to submit a patch to Review Board to make the
> default timezone UTC rather than US/Pacific, since this should eliminate
> the need for this strict versioning in the first place.

Anant, I've submitted a new version of ReviewBoard to the EPEL
updates-testing repository. It should be available via yum in 48 hours
with the command:

yum update ReviewBoard --enablerepo=updates-testing

Alternately, you can download the ReviewBoard and python-djblets
packages directly from
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2013-11817 and
install them using

yum localinstall python-djblets-0.7.21-1.el6 ReviewBoard-1.7.16-2.el6.1