On 2013-10-18 01:45, Kim Gräsman wrote:
I might try to come up with a patch, but I haven't really thought
about user experience. A new button seems a little brutal.

If you've thought about this before, have you come up with any ideas
for how this might be controlled?

What about a 'trivial change' check box next to / under the 'describe what you changed' text area? Potentially this could be used for diffs, even (e.g. if I upload a new diff because I noticed a spelling mistake).

Ideally this wouldn't necessarily suppress e-mail; only for people that don't have a corresponding 'I also want to see trivial changes' option set in their profile. This way users don't have the ability to entirely suppress mail (e.g. I can see managers that would not like that), but lets each subscriber decide whether they want to know about minutia or would prefer to not be bothered. (And of course it is borrowing a well-known wiki concept; reusing existing ideas is usually a good thing.)

Bonus points for adding 'trivial' to the e-mail subject for changes so indicated.

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group.