We've solved this problem with our in house patch and it's been in place for
over 3 years. It's something called "Publish (Silent)" and yes it's a new

Publish (Silent) is only available AFTER the initial publish of the review so
that subsequent emails can be suppressed. We've found it very useful and have
had no complaints because it puts the onus on the review submitter.

If this is something that you think that RB would like to take on, I'd be happy
to work on submitting those patches.