Hi Áron,

It's hard for me to say what the answer is without knowing more about what
you're doing. When you say fading in/out, are you talking the inline
editors? I'll need more concrete examples.

Current releases of Review Board are not really intended to be extended in
this way, and when you guys upgrade to the 2.0 release, every bit of code
you write here will have to be thrown away. Just a word of warning there
before you do anything really complex.

The correct way to interface with Review Board on this level is with
extensions, and we won't be supporting extending review request fields
until 2.0. You also may have caching problems to deal with.

I'm interested in what exactly your task is, if you can share. That can
help us in our design of the hooks for 2.0.
reviewboard-dev@googlegroups.comis the best place to have
development-related discussions on this.

Christian

-- 
Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com


On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Áron Paulik <paro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm working as an intern at a company and received a willy-nilly task,
> that is implementing requested new features in the company-mode RB.
> For several days already I'm struggling with an issue when I would like to
> animate an extension in the *review_request_box.html*. I want some
> fields, which are in table rows, to disappear and reappear depending on a
> choice from a dropdown list. As far as I figured, the display setting works
> almost fine, but somehow only takes effect when I reload the page. There
> are other elements in the box which are functioning without problems,
> fading in and out when needed (this is implemented in *reviews.js*).
> I'm desperately trying to find the part in the source code that controls
> the display, because I'm sure that if I am at the right spot, it will be
> very easy to just copy the right setting or function call.
> Any solution or tip would be highly appreciated!
>
> --
> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
> ---
> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
> ---
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "reviewboard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>

-- 
Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
---
Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to