First off, thanks so much for the native GitLab support Christian!  I just
upgraded our staging server to 1.7.21, and it certainly made GitLab set up a
lot easier.

One piece of feedback:

If an admin wishes to set up RB for a repository not owned by the RB service
user (the account that review board is using to access GitLab), it has to be
done via the "Repository Plan: Group" option.  E.g. if individual contributor
'wjavins' owns project 'reviewbot' , I'd set up review by putting 'wjavins' in
the "GitLab group name:" field and 'reviewbot' in the "Repository Name" field.
Given this somewhat unintuitive setup I propose the following changes to
simplify Review Board + GitLab configuration:

* Ditch the distinction between "Group" and "Personal"
* Always require two fields for GitLab's "Repository Information: subsection:
  1) "Repository Owner:"
 2) "Repository Name (without .git):"

I believe this would simplify the process of setting up accounts by removing
the choice between 'group' and 'personal' and unifying setup for 3 different
scenarios:

1)      accounts owned by the RB service account (just put the RB service
account name in "Repository Owner:")

2)      those owned by other individuals

3)      and those owned by a group

If you like this idea, I could likely throw a patch together for it.   I'm not
yet familiar with django/RB's testing architecture though, so I may need help
there, if I need to add/update tests.

Walt