Hi Shravanthi,

I don't know why you hit that SSL error (I'd love to see the whole output),
but yes, it should be possible to take a dump of 1.6.12, install it on the
new server, and then run the 'rb-site upgrade' script.

It is important that the database you are importing into be completely
empty before you do this. No tables, no data.

'rb-site upgrade' will inspect the version stored in the database contents,
and inspect the records we keep on the database structure, and then apply
the changes necessary to convert it to a 1.7.21-compatible database.

Please note that 'rb-site upgrade' may also give you additional
instructions at the end that you will need to follow.