On 01/23/2014 05:33 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Thanks, Stephen! That's above and beyond.
>
> Hope this makes it easier for some of you to try out the betas. We're
> making good progress on a third beta/RC, so keep the feedback coming!
>
> Christian
>

> On Thursday, January 23, 2014, Stephen Gallagher
> <step...@gallagherhome.com <mailto:step...@gallagherhome.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have put together a testing repository of ReviewBoard 2.0 for
>     interested parties to experiment with. This has not yet been committed
>     to the standard Fedora repositories (due to it's beta nature). I am
>     instead offering a COPR (Collection Of Package Repositories; Fedora's
>     equivalent to Ubuntu's PPAs) for the 2.0 beta series.
>
>     You can find this repository at
>     http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/sgallagh/ReviewBoard2/
>     and install either the Fedora 20 or Rawhide repository files by
>     downloading them to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and then running 'yum install
>     ReviewBoard' (or 'yum update ReviewBoard').
>
>     As this is pre-release software, PLEASE do not use this on a production
>     system. Also, please do not file bugs against the Fedora package. Any
>     issues encountered with ReviewBoard should be filed in the upstream
>     tracker (except packaging issues which should be directed to me).
>
>     If you're interested in trying it out, please give it a go!

I spent the weekend getting this COPR repository up and running with the
latest ReviewBoard beta 3. Please give it a try and see how things work.
It should hopefully make it easier for you to try out Beta 3.
Instructions are the same as before.

Also, I added a new (Fedora-specific) feature in here. I've added a
systemd snippet for ReviewBoard that will have it automatically perform
'rb-site upgrade --all-sites' when starting up the apache webserver.
Never again worry about forgetting to run the upgrade by hand! Just make
sure that /etc/reviewboard/sites is populated with the site path (which
is done automatically by 'rb-site install' since 1.7.13).

Previous versions of the Fedora package did this during package install,
but that's not necessarily safe, particularly if the package upgrade
happened on a decommissioned system. So now it only runs at apache startup.

I plan to get this into Fedora Rawhide (which will become Fedora 21)
soon. I'm just waiting for the Django maintainer to land 1.6.2 in the
repository.