Hi Alan,

Looks like you set ‘fieldset_id’ and not ‘field_id’, which would cause this
problem.

On June 4, 2014 at 4:55:41 PM, Alan Ray (alan.ray...@gmail.com) wrote:

Is there a trick to getting a custom field to save/load?

I followed the directions here
(http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/extending/extensions/hooks/review-request-fields-hook/).
 I have an extension with a field that appears in one of the main fieldsets
(information or reviewers).

I can edit the field, and press 'enter' to make the field non-editable with the
new value in it. But the value is not being saved. If I reload the review, the
field value is blank again. If I publish the review, it publishes with no
changes made. I went in and overrode the save_value() and load_value()
functions with logging messages. As far as I can tell, they are never being
called. render_value() is being called, but that obviously doesn't help me much
without save/load functionality.

>From the documentation in reviews/fields.py, it looks like save/load should
>come automatically with the BaseEditableField class. Is there something I'm
>missing? My code is really simple:

class TrelloCardField(BaseEditableField):
    fieldset_id = 'my_trello_card'
    label = 'Trello Card'

class MyReviewboardExtension(Extension):
    is_configurable = False
    def initialize(self):
        ReviewRequestFieldsHook(self, 'reviewers', [TrelloCardField)]

Thanks,
Alan