On Monday, June 23, 2014 4:19:49 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:

> Oh, huh. Turns out there’s some incompatible Ruby fork of lessc with the
> same version scheme. Awesome.
>
> You want the one installed by 'npm -g install less’, not the one from gem.
>
> Christian

Thanks - that was it.  It was a bit of an adventure to get everything
installed (npm had issues with openssl on my installation, I had to turn
that off), but in the end, once I got the system set up properly (gem
uninstall less, npm -g install less, ...), it was just:

cd rb-extension-pack-master/rbmotd

sudo ./setup.py install

And the motd seems to work properly too. Thanks again.

--
Peter