And now you can just easy_install it! :) Hopefully it’ll at least make things
easier in the future.

On June 24, 2014 at 8:23:34 AM, Peter Snelling (usenet.snell...@gmail.com)
wrote:

On Monday, June 23, 2014 4:19:49 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
Oh, huh. Turns out there’s some incompatible Ruby fork of lessc with the same
version scheme. Awesome.

You want the one installed by 'npm -g install less’, not the one from gem.

Christian

Thanks - that was it.  It was a bit of an adventure to get everything installed
(npm had issues with openssl on my installation, I had to turn that off), but
in the end, once I got the system set up properly (gem uninstall less, npm -g
install less, ...), it was just:
cd rb-extension-pack-master/rbmotd
sudo ./setup.py install

And the motd seems to work properly too. Thanks again.

--
Peter