Yep, that's what I did.  But it refuses to acknowledge I changed the actual
execution logic...  Or it's just super smart?

For reference, here's what I'm doing:

$ sudo chown -R [me]
/usr/locla/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/reviewboard-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/
     [delete review_request.pyc and backends.pyc]
$ sudo chown -R www-data
/usr/locla/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/reviewboard-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/
$ sudo service apache2 restart
$ sudo service memcached restart
     [reload webpage, try to add a user to the review]
     [see that both request_review.pyc and backends.pyc are updated]
$ cat /bar/www/[rbsite]/logs/reviewboard.log
     [no prints in there from my new logging.debug()]
$ sudo cat /var/log/apache2/error.log
     [no prints in there from 'bad python code']

I think I'm going insane...

I've even just restarted the computer itself too, but that doesn't do
anything either...