Hi David, Christian,

Thanks for your help so far!

Yesterday, I was able to find the time between meetings to try the
conversion approach that Christian suggested, and it appeared to work. I
have to test it again today, to make sure I didn't somehow trick myself.

As for jumping to the later release, I plan to jump to 1.7.28. In typical
debugging fashion, I was trying to reduce the problem to the minimum
possible scope, and identify exactly where the problem occurred, and
eliminate any possible confounding issues. So I first tried a 1.7.28
upgrade, but when that failed, jumped to testing the upgrade to 1.7.8.

In my local environment, a few days back, I completed scripting the
installation/configuration of ReviewBoard using Ansible. So I can spin up a
test environment that mirrors my production environment. And, an upgrade is
theoretically just changing the version of ReviewBoard installed (and a few
other tidbits, like Django & its ilk) in my Ansible script, and running the
update. As soon as I can find the time do that, I will!

Using that script to attempt the upgrade in the first place is what led me
to the current issues. I'm not jumping straight to 2.0.X yet, because I
want to understand how best to configure for our environment. Thanks for
checking!

Eric.