If I was to guess, I'd say that the issue
was resolved by rebooting after editing /etc/selinux/config, which doesn't
take effect until reboot. (You can change it within a single live runtime
with "setenforce 0". I'd like for you to do "audit2why -a" as root and
attach the output so I can try to figure out why SELinux was in the way.

I suspect it may be because you installed into /var/www rather than the
default (Fedora) location of /var/lib/reviewboard/sites .

All of the SELinux rules are based on things being installed into that
location. On recent versions of RB, if you don't specify a path, just a
name of the site, this is where it will go (e.g. rb-site install mysitename)