Thanks for the feedback David.  The reason I considered a test suite is
when I upgraded to 2.0 on a sandbox, I ran into a problem caused, I think,
by our custom authentication classes in backends.py.  It surfaced when I
tried to add a reviewer via the web app and I got an internal server error.
 The log indicated we were missing a query_users() method, which appears to
be new in the 2.0 auth modules.  It made me what other surprises might be
in store :)

Based on your experiences, I think I'll  just script some canned,
interactive session that I can run just to make sure I've exercised the
basic functionality.  Something like that would have exposed this problem.

--Steve