It looks like it's not actually possible to delete a user from a review
group using the Python API at the moment. Review Board seems to be
returning an incorrect url which points to the user resource itself, rather
than the review-group-user resource for the delete link. you can see that
by looking at the example here:
https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/webapi/2.0/resources/review-group-user/#example_application/vnd.reviewboard.org.user+json

"delete": {
>     "href": "http://reviews.example.com/api/users/doc/";,
>     "method": "DELETE"
> },

This is a bug in Review Board and will need to be fixed there to allow
this.