I opened rbsite.py and saw that the following code checks for MySQLdb
module and, if present, MySQL should be listed as a choice. Here, for
MySQL, names is an array containing only "MySQLdb"

    @classmethod
    def has_modules(cls, names):
        """Returns True if one of the specified modules is installed."""
         for name in names:
             try:
                 __import__(name)
                 return True
             except ImportError:
                continue

       return False

So I checked this call and there seems to be no error:

*%> python*
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 14 2015, 19:46:27)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.39)] on darwin
>>> __import__("MySQLdb")
<module 'MySQLdb' from
'/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/MySQL_python-1.2.5-py2.7-macosx-10.10-intel.egg/MySQLdb/__init__.pyc'>
>>> exit()
*%>*

So I really cannot understand why MySQL is not displayed as a choice.