I turned off DEBUG, no change in diff generation problem.

 I am creating a review request by clicking New Review Request, then using
the Create from existing commit on [combobox showing branches and trunk, I
selected trunk]. I single-click in the list of changes for the selected
branch.  I get a new review.

There are no errors in the javascript Console, nothing on the HTML5 side
looks like it broke. There are no errors loading any assets on the Network
tab of the browser debug tools window, and there's nothing at all in the
console log.  Using the DOM inspector I see an empty div, 100% width, 2
pixel height, no content inside that div at all.   It looks like the
python/django side is not generating any diff output.

I am a competent Python developer but new to this codebase, and not
familiar with Django. I might see if I can add any logging to the code.
 Just to rule out stupid mistakes by me, are there any diff-generation
binary tools that ReviewBoard relies on to generate the html diff output?
 Could I be missing something?