I downloaded everything using pip install --download, except for rbmotd
which I downloaded the egg directly and scp'ed all the files manually to
the server.

I have a server that isn't connected to the internet and I've installed
2.5.6.1 (but I did do a load of our prod data to the DB and just did a DB
upgrade) and everything works fine except the rbmotd won't use the
precompiled css files or the less files.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Cheers,
Josh