Hey, I stumbled across this as well. Maybe you could add a line to the documentation?
Cheers, Walder On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 11:29:36 PM UTC+2, [email protected] wrote: > > Interesting... so apparently I was making this too complicated... I was > worried that because my users don't have read access to the root that this > wouldn't work, but it seems to. Thanks! > > On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:18:22 PM UTC-5, Christian Hammond wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> Even if your users are checking out from a subdirectory, you need to >> configure Review Board to have one entry for the root of the repository. >> RBTools will compare against the Repository Root field, figure out the >> relative URL they’re using from there, and look up the correct URL on >> Review Board. >> >> What happens if you try that? >> >> Christian >> >> -- >> Christian Hammond - [email protected] >> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org >> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com >> >> On August 5, 2014 at 2:15:49 PM, [email protected] ([email protected]) >> wrote: >> >> ok, so I have a setup where my company's root svn is different from the >> projects that people checkout. In otherwords, each project is setup as only >> a folder in svn. >> >> so svn info shows: >> URL: https://url.org/svn/root/projectname >> Relative URL: ^/projectname >> Repository Root: https://url.org/svn/root >> >> The repo is setup in ReviewBoard as https://url.org/svn/root/projectname >> >> Anytime I run rbt post, I get: >> >> The file was not found in the repository. (HTTP 400, API Error 207) >> >> I AM able to get diffs to post automatically using the post-review >> version that comes bundled with debian testing by running something like: >> >> post-review --repository-url=https://url.org/svn/root/projectname >> --diff-filename=/tmp/manualdiff >> <https://url.org/svn/root/projectname--diff-filename=/tmp/manualdiff> >> >> But obviously, this is hackish and post-review is deprecated, from my >> understanding. >> >> If I insert a logging line into get_file in pysvn.py per another post >> here, I see something like the following in the logs: >> >> - repopath = "https://url.org/svn/root/projectname", path = >> "/projectname/file.py", revision = "18376" >> >> >> >> Which I assume why this is not working is because of the screwy path root >> problem and the duplicate projectname above. >> >> So, my question... what is the best way to make this work for automatic >> diff uploads using rbt? Even if I have to hardcode something hackish, I >> would rather have your advice on where is the best place to do so. Any >> help appreciated. >> -- >> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/ >> --- >> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/ >> --- >> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "reviewboard" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> -- Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/ Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/ Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
