Sorry, I don't have any pointers here. Tools like py2exe drastically
changes the way Python projects execute, which can end up causing a large
number of tricky to diagnose issues. Having done a lot of
py2exe/pyinstaller work in the past, it's not a route I'd want to go again.

While I'd accept reasonable patches for things RBTools is doing, it's
important to note that some things simply will not work, and those are
things we must ship with. Examples would be any commands that reference a
shipped data file, or otherwise need to deal with something relative to a
module path.

I understand the desire to have a single .exe you can drop on development
machines, but am not sold on this being the way to go. What a lot of
companies do is have a single shared install of RBTools in some common
directory on a file server, and have that directory added to the path. Some
use a wrapper script to set the PYTHON_PATH and such for that. This gives
you central management of RBTools, usage of the RBTools API, and wouldn't
require the kinds of work that would be needed to get things in shape for
tools like py2exe to work.

Christian Hammond