Hi Max,

If the actual diff files are showing just adds, then something is
definitely going wrong during diff generation in RBTools. Its likely not a
server-side issue. We build our own diffs for Perforce, because standard P4
diffs don't have enough useful information.

Seeing the diffs in question and seeing the rbt post command with --debug
will help us see what may be going wrong.

FYI, I'm going to be on vacation for a week without any Internet access,
but I can dive in more when I'm back, and others might have an idea of
what's going on.

Christian

On Thursday, September 29, 2016, <msc...@freejamgames.com> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> unluckly i cannot tell what is the difference between this changelist and
> one that correctly generate the review. The files are normal .cs files,
> i've made a tool in python for be sure that the files are encoded in utf-8
> and the line endings are the same (and i discovered after that also rbt do
> the same), the stream where this changelist is coming from was already used
> from a couple of week and other reviews where created from that (and there
> were no problem with that). I don't think that the diff could help, since
> is only the text of all cs files with a plus before each row (so all seen
> as an add, and this is wrong). I'm starting to think that for some reason
> it takes the wrong version of the server-side file (or maybe RB does not
> get the updated version of the repo? Maybe i should sync the P4 folder in
> the machine that host RB? Just guessing)
>
> On Thursday, 29 September 2016 03:07:52 UTC+1, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>
>> Hi Max,
>>
>> That shouldn't be happening. Would you be able to reproduce this with a
>> diff that you wouldn't mind sending us here?
>>
>> Is there a pattern you've noticed with these changes? Certain repository,
>> file path, certain users posting, certain operating system being posted
>> from?
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> Christian Hammond
>> President/CEO of Beanbag <https://www.beanbaginc.com/>
>> Makers of Review Board <https://www.reviewboard.org/>
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:01 AM, <msc...@freejamgames.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>

>>> i'm using ReviewBoard (2.5.6.1) with Perforce (2016.1) with rbt (0.7.6).
>>>
>>> Sometimes when users create a review the files are seen as new files and
>>> not as an edited files. What could be the problem? (since the review is
>>> correctly generated i did not get any error message to show you, but if you
>>> let me know where things could gone wrong i can investigate for you)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Max
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://rbcommons.com/