Hi,

Correct, webhooks won't be responsible for this.

I don't know where you're looking to actually factor in the Ship It logic,
though. If you're looking to block commits before they land upstream, then
you'll need to be running a repository under your control capable of using
things like a post-receive/post-commit hook (GitHub and such does not have
support for adding these to block commits) along with the approval hook I
documented containing the logic needed to check for multiple commits.

(I will be on vacation for the remainder of the week, starting tomorrow
morning, so I won't be able to help any more with this until I get back,
but hopefully that information helps.)

Christian Hammond