Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24426 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14601: Support HBO for JoinNode cardinality
......................................................................


Patch Set 30: Code-Review+1

(4 comments)

Thanks for all the changes!

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/JoinNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/JoinNode.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/JoinNode.java@914
PS22, Line 914:   private static PlanNode 
skipCardinalityPreservingNodes(PlanNode node) {
> There are some customized usages on isCardinalityPreserving(), e.g. in Aggr
Sounds good, I'll keep this in mind.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/JoinNode.java@939
PS22, Line 939:   }
> Operands are the "real" children of the JoinNodes. Take the following plan
Ah, ok.

I'm not in love with this, as I think I always mention, since I don't like 
mutable parameters. I would almost prefer to do two passes with 2 functions.

But that's a style difference, so I won't hold you up because of this.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java@220
PS22, Line 220:   private List<PlanNode> hboOrderedOperands_;
> It will need a broader (and probably invasive and risky) change to cache th
Sounds good, let's leave it for now. We shouldn't hold this up due to a bigger 
change, so a Jira sounds good.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24426/22/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java@1098
PS22, Line 1098:    */
> Currently only ExchangeNode and TupleCacheNode return true in isOperandTran
As mentioned, I like my way better, but if you disagree, I won't hold this up. 
This code is fine as/is.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24426
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I70b655ae7027d0d9eb8e9fae9ba2e1b7ad9876b4
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24426
Gerrit-PatchSet: 30
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2026 20:28:55 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to