Hello Kudu Jenkins,
I'd like you to reexamine a change. Please visit
to look at the new patch set (#2).
Change subject: thirdparty: reorganize tree
thirdparty: reorganize tree
This patch changes the organization of the thirdparty tree. The new layout
looks like this:
- installed: _all_ installed dependencies, with 'common',
'uninstrumented', and 'tsan' subdirectories.
- build: build directories for all dependencies.
- src: source directories for all dependencies.
Additionally, the patch changes the build logic for each dependency so that
its build output is fully isolated from its source directory, and from other
build output (if the dependency is built multiple times).
Why do this?
1. Build isolation simplifies building dependencies multiple times (i.e. for
different sanitizers) and makes it much safer.
2. It also means cleaning up build output doesn't mean redownloading all of
the sources (i.e. no need to 'git clean -xdf thirdparty').
3. The grouping of all installed locations under the shared 'installed'
subdirectory makes it a tad easier to blow it all away.
4. It also eases the transition for the remaining LLVM and thirdparty
patches, as the conflicting build output will be copied to a different
set of directories.
5. It slims down thirdparty/.gitignore; adding a new dependency no longer
requires updating .gitignore.
18 files changed, 334 insertions(+), 217 deletions(-)
git pull ssh://gerrit.cloudera.org:29418/kudu refs/changes/50/4550/2
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/4550
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings
Gerrit-Owner: Adar Dembo <a...@cloudera.com>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Adar Dembo <a...@cloudera.com>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Dan Burkert <d...@cloudera.com>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Kudu Jenkins
Gerrit-Reviewer: Todd Lipcon <t...@apache.org>