Suppose I have the following table in RiakTS:

CREATE TABLE T1 (

id                VARCHAR NOT NULL,

eventtime TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,

field2         SINT64,

data           BLOB NOT NULL,

primary key (id, QUANTUM(eventtime, 365, 'd')),id)

)

Assume the BLOB field is close to the max size for a RiakTS BLOB value (~1MB)

Suppose I want to execute the following query:

Select id, eventtime, field2 from T1 where ((id = ID1) and (eventtime >= T1 and
eventtime < T2))

I only want the SINT64 field, not the 1MB BLOB.

Am I paying for the bandwidth for the RiakTS cluster to pass around
(internally) the 1MB BLOB field just to get the SINT64 field?

If so, is there a way to avoid this, besides creating a second table without
the BLOB field?