>So no, the 1M blobs will be read from the leveldb backend, and they will hog
>the bandwidth between storage and coordinator nodes.

Ok that is what I thought. Thanks for the info.

One more question...what is the penalty for doing an in place update (i.e. an
insert of the same exact keys) of the BLOB in the same situation? I have a new
blob, and I want to overwrite the BLOB field with a new one. Obviously I'll
have to pay to shuffle the new blob around the cluster. Am I paying the same as
it were a clean, new insert? Do I get to re-use the existing (already sorted in
its correct place) record, and just update the object component? Or when I do a
duplicate insert, am I paying the price for a delete + insert?

Thanks again!