You may be lucky enough that bond distance and angle constraints will be sufficient for your purposes. Do not be afraid to weight them very highly, so that they will have significant leverage on the refinement. If your cation is complex, the constraints may not be enough to keep the geometry reasonable. In that case, rigid bodies are the way to go, but they can be quite complex to set up, particularly if you want to allow some internal degrees of freedom.

Here are links to two tutorials on rigid bodies, from Robert Dinnebier and Ian Swainson:

http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/crystal/rietveld/rigid_bodies.pdf

http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp/web-mirrors/ian-swainson/ fireside_fuide_to_rigid_bodies.pdf

Brian