I agree that it's always best to avoid preferred orientation, but that is easier said than done on a routine basis. I have personally had good luck with the M-D PO correction on many known samples, as long as the PO was not severe.

However, I imagine that Mario's problems are related to microabsorption in this case. Mario, if you can re-measure your data with a Co or Fe tube, it would be a good test of this.

Dave Bish