When does a contact displayed name change from the ring id to a name?

Maybe allow the client to manually create a nickname in case of same peer names.

I submitted a contact request and my peer accepted, but the ring id
still showed until I started a call or something.
Even then, there were 2 instances of the same conversation listed in
the conversation tab, 1 with the ring id, the other with the name.
Adding/removing contact was jacked in this case, but after gnome
crashed (from a previous report), the contact and conversation is
showing correctly.